The International Festival of the Arts starts today, January 13, 2017, and will run for 6 weekends through February 20. It combines visual, culinary and performing arts, offering visual art displays, unique food offerings, and live entertainment throughout the park. Admission is included with your Epcot park ticket or Annual Pass, but extras are available like the Concert Series Dining Package and Professional Workshops. Check out our full run-down on what to expect during the festival, as well as showtimes, exhibit locations, and a complete food menu below!
About the Festival
Spring has sprung early at Walt Disney World Resort! From January 13 through February 20, Epcot is hosting the most colorful, delicious, musical celebration for the arts ever—it’s everything you love about the park, rolled into one spectacular salute.
During the event guests will enjoy Broadway talent in concert, performing songs from award-winning shows like The Lion King, Newsies, and Aladdin. Art exhibits provide an up-close look at works from iconic Disney Legends Mary Blair and Herb Ryman among others. And it wouldn’t be an Epcot festival without the food. Foodies can feast on delightfully themed fare featured at special food studios.
The festival is comprised of three types of arts: Performing, Visual, and Culinary. See each of the three sections below to learn more about each of these including showtimes, art locations, and a list of food studios with full menus below!
The Performing Arts
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
Take in a delightful smorgasbord of popular songs performed by Broadway stars from Disney’s award-winning musicals!
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series will take place at the America Gardens Theatre, located near the US Pavilion in World Showcase. General admission seating offered on a first-come, first-served basis. You may need to arrive an hour (or more) early for a better chance of getting seats. Priority Seating available as part of Concert Series Dining Packages, (see below appearance schedule for details.)
Showtimes are 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM – America Gardens Theatre
2017 Appearance Schedule
Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland perform songs from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mary Poppins, Tarzan and The Little Mermaid.
Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey perform songs from Disney’s Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Newsies and Tarzan.
Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White perform songs from Disney’s Aida, Aladdin, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid.
Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package adds an enchanting bonus to breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants: priority seating at the 8:00 PM concert that same night!
Sit back and relax over a leisurely 3-course meal or full buffet, depending on the location, then later in the evening head over to the America Gardens Theatre for a live concert of classic Disney hits. Make dining package reservations by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Advanced reservations are highly recommended as this event will fill up quickly. Dining packages are paid for at the individual restaurants. Guaranteed 8:00 PM concert seating at the America Gardens Theatre.
• Coral Reef
• Garden Grill
• Rose & Crown
Other Performing Arts Highlights
Other artists and bands will also be performing each day of the event. See your park map and times guide for more information about these performances. Major performances will be located at the Future World Fountain Stage and Plaza in the center of Future World. Smaller entertainment like Living statues may be in different locations daily.
• American Music Machine a capella group
• College and university talent
• Disney artists in action
• Jazz ensembles
• Living statues
• Local high school choirs and marching bands
• Walking chalk gallery and more!
The Visual Arts
Acquire new skills, visit exhibits and witness exceptional talent that proves the power of imagination! Peruse pure Disney brilliance when the mastery of Mary Blair and Herb Ryman is displayed in stunning exhibitions you’ll never forget. Visiting galleries will spotlight artists who infuse their distinctive styles into every brushstroke, with pieces from Darren Wilson, Noah and David Doss, to name a few.
Learn the latest creative techniques and tricks of the trade during hands-on workshops and complimentary seminars with accomplished professionals—from animation drawing and cake decorating to calligraphy and other subjects that offer attendees a brand-new way to express themselves!
These exhibits are in the Odyssey Festival Showplace, located between Test Track and Mexico over the water. Exhibits open from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Experience the legendary genius of Mary Blair, one of Disney’s most beloved and iconic artists.
Study pieces by the visionary behind early concept art for Disneyland Park, Magic Kingdom park and Epcot.
Disney-Inspired Original Art
Take home original artwork created by some of Disney’s most beloved artists.
These exhibits are located at various pavilions throughout World Showcase, listed below. They open from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
American Heritage Gallery – American Adventure
Journey through 400 years of African-American achievement.
Art of Disney – Future World West
Purchase work by popular Disney artists as well as Festival merchandise.
Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Japan
Delve into the origin and evolution of “kawaii,” Japan’s cute culture.
Gallery of Arts and History – Morocco
Check out the unique designs of time-honored crafts.
House of the Whispering Willows – China
Discover the wonders of the new Shanghai Disney Resort.
Mexico Folk Art Gallery – Mexico
Learn about traditional wood carvings and life in the Oaxacan culture.
Stave Church Gallery – Norway
Observe art representational of the culture that influenced Disney’s Frozen.
Walking Chalk Gallery – World Showcase
Watch imaginative chalk artists recreate works by famous masters.
Seminars and Professional Workshops
Many seminars are free but professional workshops and tours available at an additional cost. See the following link for full lists of available programs, costs, and purchasing information.
Artful Photo Ops
Have your photo taken as part of some of history’s most recognizable art. Festival Guests can cross the Delaware with George Washington, scream along with Edvard Munch or embody Monet’s impressionistic flair at immersive photo stops throughout World Showcase.
• American Adventure
• Future World Fountain Stage Plaza
• United Kingdom
The Culinary Arts
Finally we get to the part you’ve been waiting for! The most interesting part of any Epcot Festival: the food. From Festival-exclusive “food studios” and signature dining events to seminars and workshops with pro kitchen wizards, Guests will savor avant-garde flavors sure to make Picasso proud.
Food studios open from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM, located at various locations throughout World Showcase, listed below. Seminars and workshops available for an additional cost (see section above for details.)
Please note: the following menu items marked with (GF) are gluten/wheat-friendly and those with (V) are vegetarian.
E = AT^2
Unique, deconstructed presentations of familiar comfort food. This Food Studio in located in World Showcase Plaza.
• BLT with Crispy Pork Belly, Tomato Jam and Soft Poached Egg $6.50
• Classic Reuben with Shredded Corned Beef, Thousand Island Dressing, Pickled Red Cabbage and a Rye Curl $6.00
• Cobb Salad with Smoked Duck Breast, Avocado Mousse, Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Bacon and Blue Cheese (GF) $7.50
• Figment White Chocolate Art Painting with Chocolate Easel (GF) (V) $7.00
• White Chocolate Mickey Puzzle with Artist Palette (GF) (V) $6.50
• Deconstructed Breakfast: Twinings® Spiced Apple Chai Tea Shake with Maple Bourbon Cream, a Waffle Crisp and Candied Bacon $10.50
• Deconstructed Breakfast: Twinings® Spiced Apple Chai Tea Shake with Maple Syrup, a Waffle Crisp and Candied Bacon (non-alcoholic) $4.50
• Pop-Artsicle: Red, White and Blue Frozen Slushy (non-alcoholic) $3.75
The art of 18th and 19th century masters inspires these French braised dishes. Cuisine Classique is located near the Germany Pavilion.
• Braised Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic $7.50
• Seared Red Snapper with braised Ratatouille and Lemon-Thyme Beurre Blanc (GF) $7.50
• Port Wine Poached Pear, Vanilla Panna Cotta and Pistachio Crumbs (GF) $6.00
• Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie $5.50
• Sierra Nevada Pale Ale $4.00
• Bell’s Two Hearted American-style India Pale Ale $4.00
• Duck Rabbit Milk Stout $4.00
• Beer Braising Flight $9.00
• Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva Art Series $5.50
The Artist’s Table
German and Dutch Renaissance masterworks inspires these delicious roast dishes. The Artist’s Table is located near the American Adventure in the back of World Showcase.
• Roasted Pork Roulade with Marble Potatoes, Baby Carrots and Red Wine Sauce featuring Melissa’s Produce $6.50
• Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis and a Parmesan Crisp (GF) $6.25
• Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie $5.50
• Callebaut Belgian Sipping Chocolate Flight: White, Milk, Dark (non-alcoholic) $8.00
• Callebaut Belgian Sipping Chocolate: Dark Chocolate with Chambord $9.75
• Perla Santa Coffee-flavored Wine $9.50
The Painter’s Palate
Sample this palatable palette of delicacies that looks as good as it tastes. Located in the Odyssey Festival Showplace (between Test Track and Mexico.)
• Margherita Flatbread with Basil Pesto and Balsamic Drizzle (V) $5.25
• Trio of Savory Croissant Doughnuts $9.50:
• Whipped Herb Cream Cheese with Sea Salt (V)
• Chicken Mousse with Fresh Herbs & Everything Bagel Seasoning
• Spicy Tuna with Sriracha Mayonnaise and Sesame Seeds
• Mary Blair White Chocolate Art Painting with Chocolate Easel (GF) (V) $7.00
• Pop’t Art: Abstract Designed Sugar Cookie with Chocolate Hazelnut Filling (V) $4.00
• White Chocolate Figment Puzzle on an Artist Palette $6.50
• Pomegranate Mule featuring the Ginger People Ginger Beer and Van Gogh Vodka $9.50
• Breckenridge Nitro Vanilla Porter $4.00
• Young’s Double Chocolate Stout $4.00
• 3 Daughters Queens Court Strawberry Blonde Nitro $4.00
• Neapolitan Beer Flight $9.00
Unearth the tasty treasures and tantalizing textures of modern art-inspired eats! This Food Studio is located on World Showcase Plaza.
• Shrimp Ceviche with Lime Mint Foam (GF) $6.00
• Sous Vide Venison with Butternut Squash Purée, Pomegranate Reduction, Pickled Turnip and Juniper Berry Powder (GF) $7.50
• Almond Frangipane Cake layered with Raspberry Jam and Chocolate (V) $4.25
• Pop’t Art: Modern-design Sugar Cookie with Chocolate Hazelnut Filling (V) $4.00
• Goofy White Chocolate Puzzle on an Artist Palette $6.50
• Cloudem Silver Sparkling Wine $9.00 (in souvenir glass $16.50)
• Popping Bubbles Cocktail $9.50
Indulge in a gallery of divine delectables that transform dessert into a fine art! Located at World Showcase Plaza.
• Crisp Caramel Chocolate Mousse Bar, Flavored Merengue Kisses and Passion Fruit Sauce $6.75
• Dark Chocolate S’mores: Homemade Graham Cracker, Vanilla Kisses and White Chocolate “Fire” $6.50
• Deconstructed Purple Sweet Potato Pie, Salted Caramel, Bourbon-soaked Cake and Marshmallow Whipped Cream $6.50
• Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie $5.50
• Cherry Heering Liqueur $10.50
• Courvoisier V.S.Cognac $10.50
• Ferreira 10 Year Old Port $10.50
The Masterpiece Kitchen
The finest masterpiece ingredients in the world are featured in these artistically-plated dishes. Located near the Canada Pavilion.
• Charcuterie Palette with Artisan Cured Meats, Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Duck Breast and Cheese $14.00
• Smoked Salmon Tartare, Caviar, Crisp Lavash and Traditional Accompaniments $12.00
• Wild Mushroom Risotto, Aged Parmesan, Truffle Shavings and Zinfandel Reduction (V) $9.00
• Triple Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Crunch, Dark Chocolate Sauce and Gold Leaf from our Master Pastry Chef $9.25
• White Chocolate Puzzle on an Artist Palette (GF) (V) $6.50
• Mickey and Pluto White Chocolate Painting with Chocolate Easel (GF) (V) $7.00
• Perrier-Jouët Belle Époque Brut Champagne $12.00
• Classic Sidecar with a Chocolate Twist $9.25
• The Meeker Vineyard Winemakers’ Handprint Merlot $9.50
Additional Festival Locations
Delight your appetite with mouthwatering morsels, nibbles and noshes from these year-round food stops offering special items just for this event!
Block & Hans
• Festival Cabernet Sauvignon, CA
• Festival Chardonnay, CA
• Anchor Brewing Meyer Lemon Lager, San Francisco, CA
• Coppertail Brewing Free Dive IPA, Tampa, FL
• Founders Porter, Grand Rapids, MI
• M.I.A. Brewing Mega Mix Pale Ale, Miami, FL
Joy of Tea
• Traditional Chinese Golden Fish
• Panda Rice Cake
Fife & Drum
• Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie
Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie
• Opera Cake
• Gingerbread Funnel Cake
• Kabuki Café Kiosk: Futomaki Sushi
• Tokyo Dining: Chirashi Sushi and Sashimi
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
• Canada: Night Sky Latte: A delicious shot of Joffrey’s Italian Espresso mixed with Creamy Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, topped with Steamed Milk and Whipped Cream
• Disney Traders: Cinnamon Sensation: A shot of Italian Espresso mixed with RumChata and Cinnamon Whiskey, blended with Steamed Milk and Whipped Cream
• Future World East: Painted Lady Latte: A shot of Joffrey’s Italian Espresso mixed with rich Baileys Espresso Créme Liqueur, topped with Steamed Milk and Whipped Cream
• The American Adventure: Dreamy Bourbon: A shot of Italian Espresso mixed with Bourbon Whiskey Cream Liqueur, blended with Steamed Milk and Whipped Cream
All Festival specialty drinks served hot or cold.
El Arista Hambriento (The Hungry Artist)
• Choriqueso Taco served with Chihuahua Cheese, Red and Green Peppers over a Corn Tortilla and garnished with Poblano Peppers and Micro Cilantro
• Flank Steak Guarache served with Black Beans, Salsa de Chile de Arbol, Frisee Lettuce, Queso Fresco, Red Cabbage, Shredded Carrots and Chipotle Mayo
• Homemade Falafel with Pickled Beets and Turnip, Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce
Refreshment Cool Post
• Chilled Shrimp, Quinoa, Layered Vegetables, Spiced Yogurt and Red Pepper Coulis
• Croissant Doughnut filled with Pastry Cream and topped with Colored Pearls
More to Explore
In addition to all the Festival of the Arts happenings, kids of all ages can check out these specially selected events.
Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
Can you find Figment? Slip into sleuth mode while searching for clues that lead to the elusive little dragon—leave no painting in World Showcase unturned!
Kidcot Fun Stops
Kids of all ages can pick their palette, grab some brushes and create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece during the Festival’s art-filled odyssey all around World Showcase!
Interactive Wall Mural
You’ll find the Interactive Wall Mural at World Showcase Plaza where you can watch Disney artists create masterpieces live. You may even want to make your own mark!
That’s all for now on our coverage of this new event! If you spot any inaccuracies please email us and let us know. All images Copyright Disney, unless otherwise noted.
Subscribe to Receive Email Updates