The recipients of the 30th Annual Thea Awards were announced last night during the TEA International Mixer @ IAAPA Expo in Orlando, Florida. Among the themed entertainment offerings that were honored was Orlando’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, which received an Award for Outstanding Achievement.
While the recipients were announced last night, the actual award ceremony will not be held until March 16, 2024 at Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles. See the full list of winners below.
The Thea Awards were started by the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) in 1994 to bring recognition to achievement, talent and personal excellence within the themed entertainment industry.
To receive a Thea Award, the owner of the achievement must publish credits, to help set a standard for recognizing the works of individuals within the industry.
30th Annual Thea Award Recipients
Thea Classic Award
- Liseberg – Göteborg, Sweden
Buzz Price Thea Award Recognizing a Lifetime of Distinguished Achievements
- Su Zhigang (Mr. Su), Chairman and Founder, Chimelong Group
Thea Catalyst Award
- Paul C. Hutton, Sustainability Officer, Cuningham Group
Thea Awards for Outstanding Achievement
- SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, Yas Island (Indoor Marine Park)
- Bermuda Storm, Chimelong Spaceship, Zhuhai, Guangdong, China (Attraction)
- Musikkfabrikken “The Music Factory” – Hunderfossen Eventyrpark, Lillehammer, NORWAY (Attraction, Limited Budget)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – EPCOT, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA (Attraction)
- Johnnie Walker Princess Street – Edinburgh, Scotland (Brand Experience)
- Disney Encanto x CAMP – New York City, New York, USA (Retail Experience, Limited Budget)
- Geneva Journey – Geneva, Switzerland (Live Spectacular)
- The Titanic Experience Reimagined – Belfast, Northern Ireland (Visitor Center Re-envisioned, Limited Budget)
- “Aura: The Forest at the Edge of the Sky” Atrium of Haikou International Duty-Free Shopping Complex Haikou, China (Immersive Mall Experience)
- Peaky Blinders – The Rise, The Camden Garrison, Stables Market, London UK (Live Interactive Experience)
- Deutschlandmuseum Berlin, Germany (Museum Attraction, Limited Budget)
- “Le Mime et L’Étoile” Puy du Fou, Les Epesses, France (Live Show)
- COLORED an augmented reality experience – Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, France (Extended Reality Exhibit)
- Eatrenalin – Europa-Park, Germany (Experiential Dining Attraction)
Peter Chernack Distinguished Service Award
- David Green and Lisa Passamonte Green, Visual Terrain